Free tools to combat ransomware and tips to prevent a ransomware attack.
When it comes to protecting yourself from ransomware and hacker attacks, there’s no such thing as too much protection. We’re going to show you some excellent free tools for combating ransomware and a few simple ways to prevent an attack from happening. Here are a few free tools to combat ransomware and tips to prevent a ransomware attack.
Free Ransomware Tools
With ransomware attacks constantly on the rise, a few development teams have gone out of their way to develop decryption tools that prevent a hacker’s damage to your equipment. Some free programs are:
- BART Ransomware — BART ransomware stashes away your files securely inside of a password-protected folder and requires payment for the password. The files that have been infected will show up with a “.bart.zip” extension attached to their original title. This decryption tool works by comparing a file with its unencrypted original, which requires an unaffected copy to be encrypted.
- PowerWare — PowerWare was found attacking healthcare businesses through Windows PowerShell. The program would run a scripting app that is often utilized by IT administrators. From here, Palo Alto Researchers figured out a way to create the PowerWare decryption tool that can unlock the encrypted data. Although this program may not be as easy to operate as the BART decryption tool, your trusted support or IT technician will be able to correct any issues.
Preventing Ransomware Attacks
After you’ve installed these programs, it’s time to begin protecting your data and equipment before an attack can take place. Some tactics you can utilize are:
- Backup Your Data — By backing up your data, you can prevent any data loss that could occur from a ransomware attack. Whether you’re utilizing cloud-based storage or an on-site hard drive backup, you’ll never have to experience a loss of data.
- Regularly Update Your System — Many programs issue updates and patches that correct security issues. Since you don’t want to provide an open window for hackers, it’s important that you regularly update your system.
- Invest in a Firewall — Firewalls keep hackers at bay and your IT systems safe from attacks.
In consideration of this information, protecting yourself from ransomware attacks is essential when it comes to conducting a productive business protocol. Boston HelpDesk is the trusted choice when it comes to staying ahead of the latest information technology tips, tricks and news. Contact us at 617-848- or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.